The partnership of AR Woodyatt and Charles Auld was formed in 1887/88 when they took over Guelph Enterprise Ltd. The company was located in Nelson Crescent where Market Fresh is today. By 1892, Charles Auld decided to leave the company. It soon became known as Woodyatt & Company. In either incarnation, this factory manufactured sad irons as well as household and farm goods e.g., hog tongs, egg beaters, apple peelers, hand measures. Under the leadership of Woodyatt, the company began to expand its line of goods and products and soon would be looking for larger premises.
In 1898, Woodyatt moved his shop to larger premises. He could easily expand his rapidly growing company. Unfortunately, his death in 1901, halted his ambitions. However, a newly formed company, Taylor-Forbes, took over the premises and, building on Woodyatt's foundation, created one of the country's most successful harware manufactories.